Sarah started singing pretty much as soon as she could talk, but started vocal lessons when she was 14 years old. Since then, she has gone on to achieve a First Class degree in Professional Musicianship from BIMM and a PGCE Primary with Music Specialism. After ten years' class teaching, Hogan's offered a welcome change.
Alongside Sarah's academic achievements, she has a wealth of experience performing live with bands in Brighton and the South East, as well as playing at the Astoria in London with Pitchshifter, and many other events and venues across the country over a ten year period. Performance is a great passion for Sarah and she encourages pupils to consider and develop their stagecraft as much as singing itself.
Sarah has a couple of career highlights, such as being trained by various notable musicians including Carleen Anderson (James Brown's goddaughter) and during a industry lecture at university with Mark Knopfler, he played the first few bars of Romeo and Juliet for her! She also undertook some session work, which allowed her to work with notable producers, such as Biff Stannard.
Qualifications & Experience
- First Class BA (Hons) Professional Musicianship - Brighton Institute of Modern Music
- PGCE Primary with Music Specialism - Exeter University
- Professional contemporary vocalist and performer
- Music industry experience of session singing
- RockSchool Guitar, Piano and Drums
- ABRSM Music Theory Grade 5
- Live performance at Concorde 2 in Brighton
- Live performance at Astoria in London with Pitchshifter
Singing lessons are available as either face-to-face or online lessons.
If you have any questions about signing up for singing lessons, feel free to contact Hogan Music on 01635 496 57 or email firstname.lastname@example.org who can help to answer any queries you might have.